Thinking of applying for COF2021? Be sure to view our recent information session to hear from the facilitation team and graduates, sharing all about the Community Organising Fellowship.
Are you looking to effectively mobilise and build community engagement in your campaigns? Are you passionately working for environmental protection and social justice and looking to broaden your knowledge and experience in campaign strategy and community organising?
If the answer is yes, we encourage you to apply for this intensive 6 month program that will give you the skills needed to strategise and build people power for social and environmental justice.
The Community Organising Fellowship is deepening campaign strategy and community organising skills and practices to create a national network of highly skilled and effective organisers. The Fellowship includes:
- An annual cohort of 25 organisers developing the core skills needed to confidently plan and implement winning campaigns.
- Three intensive workshops held in March, June and September.
- Workshop #1 in March will be online: evening of 7/3, then 5 full days 8-12/3 plus evening 16/3
- Workshop #2 June. If online: evening of 6/6, then 5 full days 7-11/6 plus evening sessions 15 & 16/6 OR if face to face: evening of 5/6, then 7 days 6- 12/6.
- Workshop #3 September. If online: evening of 5/9, then 5 full days 6-10/9 then daytime sessions 13 & 14/9 OR if face to face: evening of 4/9 then 7 full days 5-11/9.
- While COVID-19 prevents us from holding residential workshops, the Fellowship will utilise alternative teaching and learning arrangements consistent with health authorities’ advice. Since March 2020, our workshop sessions have been held using Zoom. We will resume residential workshops as soon as that’s a safe option.
A curriculum that includes guest speakers, experiential exercises and a series of practical tasks to hone your skills for community organising and campaign strategy
- Mentoring and network support between workshops and
- An extensive collection of training materials shared online, with support to lead workshops in your community.
Join a growing network of effective organisers who together are strategising to harness people power in communities across Australia.
WE INVITE APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 FELLOWSHIP BETWEEN 1 AUGUST AND 31 OCTOBER. APPLY ONLINE HERE.
We strongly encourage early expressions of interest and applications. Successful applicants and wait-listed applicants will be notified by mid to late November.
We work to ensure cost is not a barrier to participation and negotiate fees on a case by case basis according to a sliding scale:
- Small grassroots groups and unaffiliated individuals – $3,000 per participant
- Small-medium sized NGOs (<$3M pa budget) – $4,000 to $7,000 per participant
- Large NGOs – $8,000 to $10,000 per participant
- Fully-funded scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.