Applications are now open for the Change Agency’s 2020 Community Organising Fellowship for climate justice and environmental campaigners.
Are you looking to effectively build community power in your campaigns? Are you passionately working for environmental and social justice and looking to broaden your knowledge and experience in campaign strategy and community organising? If the answer is yes, we encourage you to apply for the Community Organising Fellowship.
1. Read more about the Fellowship here (and watch our two short videos)
2. Download the application form here
3. Apply by Monday 30 September
4. If you’re successful or waitlisted, you’ll be notified in early November.
The intensive 6-month program will give you the skills needed to strategise and build people power for social and environmental justice. The Fellowship includes:
- An annual cohort of 25 organisers who develop the core skills they need to confidently plan and implement winning campaigns
- Three residential workshops in March, June and September (a total of 17 days)
- A curriculum that includes guest speakers, experiential exercises and a series of practical tasks to master a toolkit for campaign strategy and community organising. Learn about the topics and tools here.
- Mentoring and network support between and after workshops
- An extensive collection of training materials shared online and
- Support to design and lead workshops and develop leaders in your community.
In just six years, we’ve created a national network of 150 expert community organisers who are leading many of Australia’s high-impact campaigns as strategists and organisers. Our six cohorts have included activists from the climate, environment and union movements, campaigns for Aboriginal self-determination and justice, refugee and asylum seeker campaigns, urban and rural communities, and other social movements. We value diversity.
Email Erin if you need longer to prepare your application, or want to talk about our sliding scale of fees and opportunities for partial or full scholarships. We’d love to hear from you.